- There are a few mats available as spares for each class, but for your own comfort, you may want to purchase your own. These are available online at yogamatters.com or you can get some bargains at TK MAXX and other outlets.
- It is advisable not to take on a heavy meal in the two hours running up to the start of the class. A light snack only within the hour, but do make sure you are well hydrated prior to the start of the class, and feel free to bring your own water and consume as you feel you need to.
- Wear comfortable clothes that are either lycra based or loose to ensure that movement is not restricted and you retain your modesty when laid down or upside down!
- Please arrive before the start time of the class, 5 minutes is ideal to get yourself settled and find a space. If you do arrive late, please be as quiet as you can so as not to disturb the class.
- Out of respect for the other students as well as the teacher, please keep your voice low and minimise disruption throughout the class. If you have any specific queries, either raise them during a specific break in the flow, or at the end of the class.
- Above all else, do not strain to achieve something if it causes any pain or excess discomfort. Try to listen to your body, and let it guide you in what is right for you, not what anyone else is doing.
- Resting is encouraged in class, as and when you need it. You can either lay down on your back, in child’s pose (on your knees with your head to the floor), or any other position you feel is comfortable for you.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to breathe and smile! It should feel good. Feel free to email me or speak to me before or after class with any questions.
We say this at the end of class. It is a Sanskrit term which has a few translations, such as:
“The very best part of me acknowledges and blesses the very best part of you.”
“I greet that place within you, which is love, light and life. And when I am in that place in me, and you are in that place in you, we are not separate.”
“My soul honours your soul. I honor the place in you where the entire Universe resides. I honour the light, love, truth, beauty and peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, we are one.”