Self-Care and Stress-Relief To Make Life More Manageable
This 4 week online course is designed to help you learn as you practice – the art of self-care, and how to make time for you, no matter how busy you are.
You will learn from the disciplines of yoga, mindfulness and modern psychology, and also gain some wisdom from cats and how they live. After all, they are more enlightened beings!
Who is it for?
The course is for anyone, but particularly useful for the following:
- Those who struggle to be kind to themselves
- Those who always seem to be taking care of everyone else
- Those who struggle with perfectionism and self-criticism
- Those who are suffering with their mental health – including stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Those who have been advised for health reasons they need to take better care of themselves
Each week you will have an hour long class, which will be pratical in nature, but also include teachings which will help you incorporate what you have learned into your everyday life.
You will gain understanding and insight into what may be stopping you from taking care of yourself, and what it actually means to exercise “self-care”. It may be different to what you think.
It’s not all spa days and candlelit baths with a face mask. It’s a way of living, a mindset, something that impacts every moment in every day, and ultimately, it going to make you healthier and happier.
You will learn:
- What exactly is self-care, and what it means in everyday life
- How to break the cycle of people-pleasing, putting others first, what and what needs to change
- The link between compassion and boundaries, and why saying no is often the most loving thing you can do
- A self-care strategy that is personalised to you, that you can keep up for life to help you stay well.
To keep it light, but also to give an example of how it works in practice, we have some real-life examples, and I will be drawing on the wisdom of my guru – Mr Lucky Boots The Cat.
Have you ever looked at a cat and thought “how do they do it?”.
They just seem to be able to switch off and relax instantly. Their bodies are soft as they lie down, they don’t need to have the perfect toggle duvet, or cotton count on the sheets, they just accept where they are.
Our pets don’t push on through to the point of exhaustion to please others, they still love you, but they also put themselves first and know when to say no.
There is so much we can learn from animals and from nature, and we will be learning how to bring ourselves back into our natural state of balance in very simple ways, so that you can better manage whatever life throws at you along the way.
As well as the classes you will do online, you will also get some supporting materials and exercises you can do so you can apply what you have learned. This will all be available to view on a webpage, but will also be sent by email once a week.
In addition, you will receive email support from myself, Gillie Sutherland, to help you put together a personal plan for you.
This course costs just £20 per person.
You can also arrange personal coaching for £30 an hour.
If you have any questions feel free to email me on email@example.com
Nurture Online Course
4 week self-care course with Gillie Sutherland