YOGA and SUP Retreat
The Best of Both Worlds in The Algarve this October
If you believe that life is about balance – between rest and movement, fun and relaxation, challenge and recovery, land and sea – then this could be for you.
Join me and other like-minded souls for a 7 day retreat by the stunning beaches and islands of the Algarve just as it’s starting to get cold over here again.
October is the perfect time in Portugal – plenty of sunshine, mild enough to do yoga outside, and the sea is warmer than at other times of year, so perfect for watersports.
Set in the Butterfly House retreat, offering boutique accommodation, a swimming pool and a tranquil rural setting, we will be staying just on the edge of Ria Formosa Nature Park with its sand dunes and estuary, and only 20 minutes from Faro airport.
Flights to Faro are cheap and available from several major as well as local airports, from as little as £80 return. Fly from Exeter, Bristol, Gatwick, Stanstead, Manchester, Liverpool, and Glasgow, amongst others.
The Retreat includes:
- 7 days of full board, including 3 nourishing meals a day cooked by a local chef specialising in healthy Ayurvedic-inspired cookery made from fresh, seasonal ingredients, and all bottled water.
- A choice of accommodation to suit all budgets at the Butterfly House retreat, in one of the lovingly restored farmhouses, set in beautiful gardens with plenty of hammocks for chilling out in.
- 2 x 90 minute classes EVERY DAY with me , Flow Yoga Teacher Gillie Sutherland. I will be designing a programme of yoga classes for the week to compliment your stand-up paddleboarding, and leave you feeling refreshed and revitalised. Given the gorgeous weather of the Algarve, we have the opportunity to use the outdoor Yoga platform which is surround by beautiful countryside and the sound of bird song.
- SUP lessons, including all equipment hire, for 4 days of the week run by a local watersports school. This will include at least one away trip in the week (pick ups and picnics provided).
- Great company! It just seems to happen that these retreats attract fabulous people 🙂
Extras are available such as Ayurvedic treatments, horse riding, kayaking, kite surfing, and boat trips, and we may arrange a trip to one of the islands one day for those who are interested.
But for now, all you need to do is choose your accommodation, pay your deposit and book your flight. I am limiting this holiday to 12 spaces on this retreat, as I have found this to be the ideal number for a good group dynamic and individual attention. Your place will be confirmed upon receipt of the deposit of £250.
Date: Saturday 8th October 2016 – Saturday 15th October 2016
Location: Butterfly House, Quelfes, Algarve (near Parque Natural de Rio Formosa)
Large double room, 2 x single beds, bathroom shared with 3 others = £785 p/p
Upstairs glass fronted Mezzanine room, 2 single beds with shared bathroom (3 others): £725 p/p
(Please note that this room has a 100 Euro reduction because although the room is comfortable the ceiling is slightly sloping and is 2 meters at the highest point)
Double bed with Ensuite bathroom (only 2 available)
- Single Occupancy = £975 p/p
- Double Occupancy = £805 p/p
Double bedroom (double bed) bathroom shared with a max of 2 others (2 available)
- Single Occupancy = £925 p/p
- Double Occupancy = £785
A deposit of £250 is payable upon booking and full balance by August 10th 2016. Email me on email@example.com for details of how to book.
For further details on the Venue, Location, Activities and Accommodation please see the website www.yogaholidayalgarve.com.